Poor quality audio is unfortunately quite common. Do not frustrate as of yet if you have a poorly recorded audio file… we might be able to fix it! We offer audio restoration services for a myriad of audio recordings which have unwanted material, be it unwanted clicks or noise (such as HVAC, or background noise) on an instrumental recording or vocal, field recordings, unwanted noise or poorly recorded audio on camera, and also removal of clipping/distortion. Restoration can only however work up to a certain extent, and only makes sense to the point where it is transparent. We will advice you beforehand if your audio file can be properly restored or not.
In summary, we can do the following to your audio files:
- remove pops from a vocal track. Pops can originate from plosives when recording too close to the microphone.
- remove hum, clicks and crackles and other unwanted noises.
- remove/clean rumble and low frequency content from your recording.
- remove particular sounds such as a siren sound caught in a recording.
- match room tones from different recordings.
- reduce reverberation from audio file, a process known as de-reverberation.
- restore clipped files (to a certain extent). Clipping occurs when a sound source is recorded ‘too hot’ for the recorder being used which in-turn cannot handle such levels, and thereby some information from the source is completely lost.
But remember, this does not mean that you can go and record without knowing some recording basics. It is always better to capture a sound source correctly from the start rather than fixing it after!
Get in touch to find out how we can fix your audio file or if you would like some tips on recording, be it an interview, or an instrument recording.